Charleston, SC, is one of the country’s most popular (and expensive) family reunion destinations. To help make your get together more affordable, consider vacationing on one of the Holy City’s beloved sea islands! Read on to discover two of the best family reunion destinations on the East Coast. Afterward, cut your planning time in half with the help of our Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island Vacation Guides! Our complimentary guides are full of recommendations for historic attractions, award-winning restaurants, and unique places to spend quality time with the family.
The Best Family Reunion Destinations on the East Coast
Seabrook Island is a hidden world of natural wonder and adventure — all just 40 minutes from the bustling energy of downtown Charleston. Voted "Best Restored Beach" by The American Shore & Beach Preservation Association, Seabrook Island’s 2,200 acres of beaches, maritime forests, and marshes beckon all to explore! Some of our favorite activities on Seabrook Island include:
- Horseback riding adventures on the beach.
- Sunset paddle boarding tours. These tours are an excellent way to get to know one of Seabrook Island’s friendliest residents, the bottlenose dolphin!
- Renting beach cruisers for a family bike ride along the coast.
- Getting competitive with a tennis match at the Racquet Club.
- Planning a special dinner at one of the island’s top restaurants.
Remember to download your free Seabrook Island Vacation Guide to find more fun things to do!
There is no other place in the world quite like Kiawah Island. This Charleston sea island has an indescribable uniqueness that can’t be captured anywhere else! It is an internationally renowned destination and a wonderful escape for people of all ages. Year after year, the island receives praise. In 2018, the island was named one of the “Top 10 Islands in the Continental U.S.” by Travel + Leisure Magazine. Are you ready to discover why? Some of our favorite island activities include:
- Enjoying a leisurely day on the beach at Kiawah Island’s Beachwalker Park. This park has restroom facilities, showers for rinsing off the sand, a concession stand with snacks, and more!
- Relaxing with wonderful waterway views and a refreshing drink on a Kiawah Island sunset cruise.
- Enjoying a round of championship golf!
- Indulging in brunch at one of the island’s top restaurants.
For more recommendations on island activities, restaurants, and more, remember to download your free Kiawah Island Vacation Guide!
Nearby Activities for the Entire Family
You could easily spend an entire week on Kiawah Island or Seabrook Island and still have plenty to do! In addition to the activities you’ll find on the islands, Charleston’s famous attractions are a short car ride away. Here are more nearby activities that your family may enjoy!
- Cheering on the Charleston Riverdogs at a minor league baseball game.
- Take a horse-drawn carriage tour through the historic streets of downtown Charleston.
- Explore the largest tea plantation in America, the Charleston Tea Plantation! While you are in the area, you can also visit the city’s only vineyard and winery, Deep Water Vineyard.
For more recommendations on things to do in the Holy City, take a look at our Charleston area guide!
Find the Perfect Place to Stay at Pam Harrington Exclusives
Now that you’ve found the best family reunion destinations on the East Coast, it’s time to plan your big celebration! With over 40 years of experience in vacation rentals and real estate, our team of Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island experts will make planning your family reunion as easy and stress-free as possible!
Browse our available rentals on Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island today. If you are in need of a large family reunion rental, please contact us. We are happy to find the home that best matches your desired amenities, dates, and budget!