From antebellum homes and historic forts to centuries old plantations, there’s a storied past around every corner just waiting to be explored. A carriage ride is an ideal way to see Charleston and hear some local legends, history, and lore. Take a tour through Charleston, South Carolina to learn about the city’s rich history, it’s well-preserved architecture, and traditions.
Charleston's carriage tours are creative and historically informative - an exciting and relaxing time for all. See some of our favorite tour companies below.
- Palmetto Carriage Works - 843.723.8145
- Old South Carriage Company - 843.723.9712
- Old Towne Carriage Company - 843.722.1315
Charleston offers many different walking tours whose themes capture the essence of the South. Stroll down Broad Street and The Battery to hear what stories abound from Charleston's oldest and most historic homes and gardens.
Take a ghost tour or visit the city jail for a supernatural experience. Get to know the pirates who invaded the port city or relive the day Fort Sumter was attacked. You can even restaurant hop on a culinary tour and sample some of Charleston’s many delicious creations.
We encourage you to contact one of the following tour companies for information on scheduling and prices.
Charleston Tour Companies
- Bull Dog Tours - 843.722.8687
- Charleston Pirate Tours - 843.442.7299
- Charleston's Finest Historic Tours - 843.557.3311
- Charleston Footprints - 843.478.4718
- Charleston's Best Tours - 843.819.4565
- Old Charleston Walking Tours - 843.568.0473