Pet Friendly Accommodations on Seabrook Island
Seabrook Exclusives is the recognized leader in pet friendly accommodations on Seabrook Island. We offer the largest, year round selection of pet friendly vacation rentals on Seabrook Island including oceanfront homes, beachfront villas, and golf side cottages. If you choose to leave your pup in your vacation rental, Seabrook Exclusives can assist with pet care services to make sure your dog feels at home while you're out exploring the islands and historic Charleston.
Seabrook Island features two beautiful beaches that welcome dogs. The North Beach has a large off-leash area. In this designated area, dogs are allowed off-leash daily before 10am and after 5pm from May 1 until October 31. During the winter months from November 1 through April 20, dogs can be off leash in this area the entire day. A second area that allows dogs is Pelican Watch Beach which is perfect for a sunset stroll and dolphin watching.
If you are traveling into historic Charleston for a day trip or stopping there on your way to Seabrook Island, visit James Island County Park and socialize your pooch at the dog park. This fido-friendly park is frequented by many area residents as well as vacationing guests.
Once downtown in Charleston, Waterfront Park is a wonderful place to enjoy a picnic with your dog. There are plenty of shaded areas and complimentary doggie bags are conveniently located throughout the park area. White Point Gardens is another popular dog walk area in Charleston. Stroll the historic battery, gaze out to Fort Sumter, and marvel at the magnificent mansions overlooking the harbor.
Pet Services and Grooming
After a day at the beach, you'll want to wash the sand and surf off your doggie. There are a variety of full service grooming locations on and around Seabrook Island.
- The Beached Dog - Family-owned grooming boutique & bakery catering to the local pet community on Seabrook and Kiawah Islands since 2011. Located in Bohicket Marina Village on Seabrook Island, their mission is to keep the many unique dogs on the islands happy, healthy and handsome by providing their clients with quality, custom-fit grooming services and freshly baked all-natural dog treats.
- Bark 'n Meow - Located on Johns Island, Bark 'n Meow offers full service grooming packages with all organic products and grooming stations if you prefer to wash your pet yourself. They also offer exclusive pet food, supplies, and accessories.
- Moonshadow Pet Resort - Nestled on 10 acres of land on Johns Island, Moonshadow Pet Resort offers full-service grooming for all breeds, boarding, and supervised doggie day care.
Local Veterinary Services
Traveling with a sick pooch can be stressful without your primary veterinarian around. Luckily, we have great veterinary resources just minutes from Seabrook Island!
- Charleston Veterinary Referral Center - The most advanced and comprehensive small animal referral and emergency hospital in Charleston and the Southeast. Emergency veterinarians and veterinary nurses are ready to see your pet 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Sun Dog Cat Moon - Full service veterinary clinic on Johns Island that offers both traditional western medicine and alternative medicine for pets to obtain optimum wellness.
- Riverbank Veterinary Clinic - Traditional veterinary clinic located on Johns Island that offers the highest level of veterinary medicine along with friendly, compassionate service.
- Angel Oak Animal Hospital - Provides general veterinary services on Johns Island with a special interest in dentistry, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, senior patients, and laser therapy.
- Bohicket Veterinary Clinic - Local Johns Island veterinary clinic that is equipped with the latest diagnostics to effectively diagnose and treat all patients.
Pet Friendly Restaurants
Pet-friendly dining options are available for Seabrook Island guests in a variety of different restaurants. For more information about popular restaurants on and around Seabrook Island, visit our Seabrook Island Dining Guide.
- Red’s Ice House - This popular waterfront restaurant located in Bohicket Marina Village offers delicious, local seafood and a huge outdoor patio for you to enjoy a great meal with your pooch.
- The King Street Grille - Located in Freshfields Village, this sports-themed restaurant offers a cozy, covered patio with large TVs. They also have great burgers, sandwiches, and salads that your dog will be begging for you to drop.
- Miss Lulu's - This novelty gift boutique located in Bohicket Marina Village also offers a delicious patio dining and take-out experience. The outdoor patio is open every day and gets even more exciting with live music every Sunday and Wednesday evening.
Click here to view pet friendly terms and conditions for Seabrook Exclusives and pet guidelines for Seabrook Island.