It may be known for its serene spirit, but but there are many exciting things to do on Seabrook Island. This gorgeous barrier island Seabrook Island has an adventurous heart, offering an abundance of activities for every age, including a seasonal children's camp with certified counselors, two championship golf courses, tennis center, deep-water marina, equestrian center, fitness center, and award-winning dining, and shopping. Dive in!
Play Like a Pro
Seabrook Island offers 36 holes of golf on two unique courses. Ocean Winds is a 6,765-yard, par 72 course with Atlantic Ocean views and refreshing, challenging ocean breezes. Crooked Oaks Golf Course is a 6,780-yard, par 72 course that meanders along marshes, maritime forests and centuries old live oak trees. The Club’s full service golf pro shop is staffed with PGA professionals who are happy to assist you with private and group instruction, club rentals, and merchandise. Call 843-768-2529 for tee times and additional golf information.
Not only is Seabrook Island a golfer’s paradise, but tennis is also on the list of active things to do on Seabrook Island. Seabrook Island is also home to a full service tennis center that boasts 15 Har-Tru clay tennis courts, private and group clinics led by certified tennis professionals, and a pro shop stocked with the latest and greatest tennis equipment and men’s and women’s apparel. Call 843-768-7543 for court reservations at the Racquet Club.
Horseback Riding on the Beach
The Seabrook Island Equestrian Center is one of the only places on the East Coast where you can enjoy horseback riding on the beach, and on three miles of trails through some of the world’s most beautiful landscapes. The full service Equestrian Center also offers forty-two stalls, short and long-term boarding, and Western and English instruction for all ages and skill levels. Trail rides and beach rides on Seabrook Island may be scheduled by calling 843-768-7541.
Biking for the Whole Family
Among the large selection of things to do on Seabrook island, biking is easily one of the more popular activities. Whether you want to cruise along the beach, explore the roads of Seabrook Island, or take a quick trip to Bohicket Marina or Freshfields Village, there are plenty of bike rental companies to choose from on Seabrook Island. Popular rental companies are Alligator Bikes, Island Bike & Surf Shop, and Surfscooter.
Explore the Lowcountry Waters
The tidal creeks, salt marshes, rivers, open waters, and marina are calling. Whether you choose to navigate these waters by kayak, boat, or paddleboard, you’ll find there’s always a new adventure ahead. Below are just a few of our local area vendors that offer equipment rentals and private or group tours:
- Bohicket Creek Boat Rentals - Choose from their selection of well- maintained 19’ Sea Pro Bay Boats that are perfect for a fun-filled day of fishing, dolphin watching, and sight seeing. Conveniently located in Bohicket Marina.
- Holy City Sailing - Located in Bohicket Marina and provides luxury sailing charters for guests of Kiawah and Seabrook Island.
- Sonny Boy Charters - Also located in Bohicket Marina, offering great fishing trips, quiet sunset cruises, dolphin watching, and eco tours of the beautiful Lowcountry.
- WaterDog Paddle Co. - Provides morning and sunset paddleboard tours of Bohicket Creek. Ryan and his staff provide all the equipment and training needed. Novices to experts will enjoy this unique experience, paddling "up da creek."
- St. Johns Kayaks - Offers kayak tours, boat and beach excursions, and offshore and inshore guided fishing trips on the waterways of Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island, John's Island and Wadmalaw Island. Local guides will supply all the knowledge you will need to have a great day on the water.
Shop and Dine in Style
Shopping also makes the list as one of the best things to do on Seabrook Island. Freshfields Village is a community of boutiques, retail shops and restaurants at the crossroads of Kiawah, Seabrook and Johns Islands that is just a short bike or car ride away. From basic grocery shopping to searching for great resort wear and accessories from local boutiques and name brand retailers, Freshfields Village has it all. In just minutes, you can do everything from getting a haircut and filling a prescription to grabbing a great bottle of wine or an afternoon snack. Bohicket Marina Village is another great location that features casual dining, grooming and pet sitting services, local boutiques, and amazing sunset views.