Seabrook Island is a gorgeous oceanside community with an adventurous heart and an abundance of activities for every age.
Below, you will find a comprehensive list of the best things to do on Seabrook Island, but if you are looking for more, simply download our free Seabrook Island Vacation Guide! Our guide includes over 100 local recommendations for the top attractions, restaurants, and things do in the area!
The Best Things to Do on Seabrook Island
Play Like a Pro
Seabrook Island offers 36 holes of golf on two unique courses. Ocean Winds is a 6,765-yard, par-72 course. It features Atlantic Ocean views and refreshing, challenging ocean breezes. Crooked Oaks Golf Course is a 6,780-yard, par-72 course that meanders along marshes, maritime forests, and centuries-old live oak trees. The Seabrook Island Club’s full-service golf pro shop is staffed with PGA professionals who are happy to assist you with private and group instruction, club rentals, and merchandise. Call 843-768-2529 for tee times and additional information.
Not only is Seabrook Island a golfer’s paradise; tennis is also on the list of active things to do on Seabrook Island. The area is home to a full-service tennis center that boasts 15 Har-Tru clay tennis courts, private and group clinics led by certified tennis professionals, and a pro shop stocked with the latest equipment and apparel. Call 843-768-7543 for court reservations at the Racquet Club.
Horseback Riding on the Beach
The Seabrook Island Equestrian Center is one of the only places on the East Coast where you can enjoy horseback riding on the beach. (Even better, Seabrook Island beaches are known for being stunning.) You can also ride on 3 miles of nature trails through some of the world’s most beautiful landscapes. In addition, the Equestrian Center offers 42 stalls, short and long-term boarding, and Western and English instruction for all ages and skill levels. Trail and beach rides on Seabrook Island may be scheduled by calling 843-768-7541.
Biking for the Whole Family
Among the large selection of things to do on Seabrook Island, biking is one that provides fun for the whole group. Whether you prefer to cruise along the beach, explore the roads, or take a quick trip to Bohicket Marina or Freshfields Village, you will enjoy riding in the ocean air. There are plenty of avenues to secure a quality rental. Surfscooter has a large selection and a well-established history in the Lowcountry. Other area bike rental companies include Alligator Bikes and Island Bike & Surf Shop.
Explore the Lowcountry Waters
The tidal creeks, salt marshes, rivers, and the Atlantic Ocean are magnetic in their beauty. During your visit to Seabrook Island, do not waste time resisting them; enjoy the water as much as you can! Whether you choose to navigate by kayak, boat, or paddleboard, you will find there is always a new adventure ahead. Below are just a few of the local vendors offering equipment rentals and private or group tours.
- Bohicket Creek Boat Rentals - Choose from their selection of well-maintained 19’ Sea Pro Bay Boats. They are perfect for a fun-filled day of fishing, dolphin watching, and sightseeing. Conveniently located in Bohicket Marina.
- Sweetwater Sailing Charters - Offers the largest, most advanced, and luxurious yacht at Bohicket Marina. The vessel "Dorothy" allows for sailing for all ages and levels of experience. They offer 3-hour morning, midday, and sunset cruises. This allows plenty of time to enjoy the gorgeous landscape from a different vantage point while capturing the allure of the dolphins and plentiful wildlife as well.
- Holy City Sailing - Located in Bohicket Marina, Holy City Sailing provides luxury charters for guests of Kiawah and Seabrook Island.
- Sonny Boy Charters - Also located in Bohicket Marina, Sonny Boy offers great fishing trips, quiet sunset cruises, dolphin watching, and eco-tours of the beautiful Lowcountry.
- WaterDog Paddle Co. - Ryan and his staff provide morning and sunset paddleboard tours of Bohicket Creek, including all the equipment and training needed. Everyone from novices to experts will enjoy this unique experience paddling "up da creek."
- St. Johns Kayaks - St. Johns offers kayak tours, excursions, and offshore and inshore guided fishing trips on the waterways of Kiawah, Seabrook, Johns, and Wadmalaw Islands. Local guides will supply all the knowledge you need to have a great day on the water.
Shop and Dine in Style
Shopping also makes the list as one of the best things to do on Seabrook Island. Freshfields Village is a community of boutiques, retail shops, and more at the crossroads of Kiawah, Seabrook and Johns Islands. Just a short bike or car ride away, Freshfields Village has it all. In just minutes, you can do everything from getting a haircut and filling a prescription to grabbing a great bottle of wine or an afternoon snack. Bohicket Marina Village is another great location that features casual dining, grooming and pet sitting services, local boutiques, and amazing sunset views.
There are a number of excellent restaurants on Seabrook Island as well. Try the Pelican’s Nest or Bohicket Lounge for a relaxed meal. The Palmetto Room provides a fine dining experience perfect for special occasions. You can even have a nightcap at the Locker Room Lounge, which offers a full bar and light fare. No matter where you eat on Seabrook Island, the work of world-class chefs is sure to please your palette.
Where to Stay
Plan the ultimate trip and experience everything that Seabrook offers with Seabrook Exclusives. Whether you are searching for brilliant marsh views or quick golf course access, we can help you find the Seabrook Island vacation home that is perfect for you.
Browse our current Seabrook Island vacation homes and start planning your trip today!